01 April 2011

March Dare Count

March is a crap shoot - will it be the end of winter, beginning of spring or somewhere in between with damp rain? March 2011 did not disappoint; it was a little bit of all of the above. However, longer, brighter days with the promise warmth motivates me to look back at my dare list and push on. The countdown is still on!

Dares received: 29 
Dares completed: 20
  1. Create a blog
  2. Wake up everyday and smile and stretch
  3. Get highlights
  4. Relax and sample new adventures (on the cheap)
  5. Go to a drag show
  6. Complete this puzzle
  7. Fund-raiser walk
  8. Paint a portrait of someone I love(d)
  9. Read a fiction classic of at least 300 pages
  10. Become a raw food believer for one week
  11. Visit my parents in Bellingham
  12. Join Match.com for one month 
  13. Volunteer with a cause you believe in but gets you out of your comfort zone
  14. Say hello to strangers
  15.  Run a 10K
  16.  Visit the geographic center of the US
  17. Take a mud bath trip with my sister
  18. Streak nude (you'll see)
  19. Read two books by Truman Capote - ok, so I only read one
  20. Take a belly dancing class
Dares busted: 3
  1. Visit Wenmiao/The Ghost Market in Shanghai 
  2. Dance on the Bund with a local Shanghainese
  3. Engage Lola in a dog sport or train her to be a therapy dog
Dare on Deck:
  1. Get 100 people to say thank you
  2. Ride to the last station on every line on the T
Some of the remaining dares need to wait until it is a little warmer before I can just knock'em out... but I'm feeling inspired to make some goals I can work on now that will pay off by the end of the summer. If you are curious, have tips or want to want to help make it happen, here are my spring/summer goals:

1) Finish the backyard landscaping - that's right the trash pit in the back yard will finally be leaving! Imagine raised beds with homegrown veggies, a dining area, bird feeders and relaxing place to end a summer day.

2) Run a 10 consistent minute mile - I'm still running and have a few 5Ks and 5milers scheduled for this summer, but I want to get to the finish line faster. For everyone who was with me after the Southie St Pat's 5K, let's hope this doesn't encourage more sneezing

3) Climb the rock wall at the gym - I am thrilled with the new community center across the street and the fitness center inside.  I could sing all its praises, but one thing that I am looking forward to trying is the rock wall. I've never done any climbing and I just want to try. However, I need to bulk up my arm strength before I can go there. I'm working on it!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment