30 January 2011

January Dare Count

Dares received: 28 
Dares completed: 18
  1. Create a blog
  2. Wake up everyday and smile and stretch
  3. Get highlights
  4. Relax and sample new adventures (on the cheap)
  5. Go to a drag show
  6. Complete this puzzle
  7. Fund-raiser walk
  8. Paint a portrait of someone I love(d)
  9. Read a fiction classic of at least 300 pages
  10. Become a raw food believer for one week
  11. Visit my parents in Bellingham
  12. Join Match.com for one month 
  13. Volunteer with a cause you believe in but gets you out of your comfort zone
  14. Say hello to strangers
  15.  Run a 10K
  16.  Visit the geographic center of the US
  17. Take a mud bath trip with my sister
  18. Streak nude (you'll see)
Dares busted: 2
  1. Visit Wenmiao/The Ghost Market in Shanghai 
  2. Dance on the Bund with a local Shanghainese
Dare on Deck:
  1. Get 100 people to say thank you
  2. Read two books by Truman Capote
  3. Take a belly dancing class


2011 has begun and I am embracing it without hesitation. The biggest gifts I received so far this year are words or encouragement and praise come from unlikely messengers. Thank you (you who know who you are) that have shared with me that this dare process has been "empowering", "inspiring", "fun" and "bold". 

I reached out in complete fear to find something to hold onto. How it became such a positive experience, I am unclear. However, I do believe that when I am earnest with my intents, positive reactions result. I love that this was a positive experience for me and my friends. None of this could have happened without your participation and encouragement. 

A special thanks to Marge and Maryanne for getting those last two dares in under the wire. As of January 31st, 2011, I have accepted all the dares and will be completing the remaining dares by my birthday - August 28! 
Lola and I are full speed ahead into 2011!

1 comment: