30 December 2010

December Dare Count

To date,
Dares received: 26  

Dares completed: 17
  1. Create a blog
  2. Wake up everyday and smile and stretch
  3. Get highlights
  4. Relax and sample new adventures (on the cheap)
  5. Go to a drag show
  6. Complete this puzzle
  7. Fund-raiser walk
  8. Paint a portrait of someone I love(d)
  9. Read a fiction classic of at least 300 pages
  10. Become a raw food believer for one week
  11. Visit my parents in Bellingham
  12. Join Match.com for one month 
  13. Volunteer with a cause you believe in but gets you out of your comfort zone
  14. Say hello to strangers
  15.  Run a 10K
  16.  Visit the geographic center of the US
  17. Take a mud bath trip with my sister
Dares busted: 2
  1. Visit Wenmiao/The Ghost Market in Shanghai 
  2. Dance on the Bund with a local Shanghainese
Dare on Deck:
  1. Get 100 people to say thank you
  2. Streak nude (you'll see)
More Gosh Darned Reflections
53/54 weeks ago, my life underwent a major change. I admitted to myself the man with whom I wanted to partner my life was not the man with whom I was in a 4+ year relationship. I have been devastated before, but not in love and not at a time in my life when I was mature enough to know I had to use the experience as a catalyst, rather than a road block. 

Throughout the year, I have had an exciting list of dares to work my way though. All have been monumental in some degree for me, and all have helped me heal over the year. It’s been a year, people! 
But, it’s not over yet…

Amazing things have happened in my life and the lives of my friends and family in 2010. I am fortunate that I got to be present for all of it. While I still have a few dares left, I feel really good about where I am. I, in no way, thought I would be able to feel this positive a year ago. I can only thank y'all for that. Thank you for your tireless support, well-timed laughs and creative brainstorming. 
You rock! 

Happy New Year!

    1 comment:

    1. Happy new year! So glad we met last year and I'm looking forward to more adventures in the coming months!

      ReplyDelete