18 September 2010

Talk to a complete stranger at least once week and say hello to a new person everyday (Michael & Katelyn Corts) a

This is life-changing. Incorporating this into my everyday is truly life-changing. I can't say I am perfect, but I consciously make a few efforts to be able to meet this goal without having to keep track everyday.

Uphams Corner commuter rail platform

On my morning walks with Lola, I say "Good morning" to everyone I pass which tends to be a lot of kids and parents waiting for the school bus. I also say, "Good morning" to everyone I stand with on the commuter rail platform on my way to work. No more shrinking away. I meet people's eyes on the street as I pass them, and I smile and/or say "Hello". 

I love it. I feel like I'm being a better neighbor and I feel like I am getting a good start to the day. I go to bed at night and feel connected to the place I live. All it took was a conscious look at my surroundings and acknowledgment of the people in them. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment